[time-nuts] Connections for FE-5680A rubidium sources

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 16 07:40:28 EST 2014

Hi

You are dumping about 15W into the heat sink (or cooling system). You would like to keep the baseplate at < 40C if possible. In a 25C room, that works out to a 1 C/W heat sink. If you are using a fan, that’s a pretty small gizmo. If you are building a metal case and putting other stuff in the box, the case wall might be good enough. The standard text book thermodynamic calculations apply if you want to go through all the math on this or that structure.

Bob