[time-nuts] Connections for FE-5680A rubidium sources

billriches bill.riches at verizon.net
Tue Dec 16 08:00:40 EST 2014

Hi Dave,

The ones I have use the following pin out

1 - 15 v
2 - ground
4 - 5 v
5 - ground
7 - 10 mhz

The pot on the side does nothing.

Look in the archives for my and other folks addition of an adjustment pot.
You can also adjust fx via software.  Pot is easier.

73,

Bill

I have a couple of Rb sources bought from China or Hong Kong a year or two
ago. I'd like to fix these up. Initially in a box where I can adjust them to
frequency manually, but perhaps later lock them to GPS.
Looking around the web, there are countless options on these things, and
different connection diagrams. Can anyone tell me what these are.
I have attached a picture of one. I have doctored the picture ab bit so
there are large arears of one shade, so the images compress quite a bit.
Essentially they are rather dirty looking metal boxes with rather dirty
white labels on, but such detail is not needed.

The big label says:

FE-5680A
FEI P/N 217400-303520-1

The smaller label with the barcode differs a bit between the two units.

1)  FE-5680A UN 61391 S/N 02444-57246 (on the one I photographed)
2)  FE-??80A UN 66794 S/N 0340-66253 (can't quite read all of it, but I
assume the missing characters are "56".

There is a small adjustment screw on the right, and a 9-pin D-connector,
with the lead cut at about 40 mm from the connector.

I can open one up and take a picture internally if need be.

Dave

---