[time-nuts] Looking for J1 pinout newly purchased 10811D

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Sat Dec 20 14:55:18 EST 2014

Mod Mix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the HP 10811D I just purchased (one like ebay #300568433895) resides
> on a small pcb.
> Could someone pls guide me which voltage for the LM317 feeding the
> oscillator with 12V should be applied at J1/1 and J1/2 ?
>
> I would also be interested to learn for which devices these board were
> originally made - couldn't find anything.
>
> Thank you in advance
> Ulli

Without knowing anything about the item in the Ebay listing, I can tell you
that the input to the regulator supplying the 10811 oscillators in many HP
counters is specified to be +15 - +18 Volts.  Actually, any voltage within
the rated input voltage range of the LM317 regulator is OK, so long as the
power dissipated by the LM317 remains reasonable.

Cheers,
Dave M