[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 27 04:56:06 EST 2014

I have a Soekris 4501 running with NanoBSD and have got as far as adding the
PPS/DCD/GPIO modifications to the hardware.  NTPns itself is working, and
the red LED is flashing as expected.

I would now like to get NTPns working with that more precise timing which is
available, but as I don't have an Oncore or a DCF77 receiver I am stuck.  Is
it possible to use just the PPS/DCD line on its own for the fraction of the
seconds, or would I need one or other of those receivers to make it work?
If it can be made to work, what are suitable configuration commands?

Thanks,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk