[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:11:56 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 4:02 AM, David J Taylor <
david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> - NTPns doesn't support my PPS source
>
> - for testing, using local servers alone, even the seconds don't get
> "named" correctly, even though NTPns shows they are being detected and one
> is even marked as "SELECTED".

Why not run the "normal" ntpd?  Seems it would do what you want.

I don't see how a PPS source can NOT be supported.  I'm talking about just
the 1Hz square wave signal, no serial data.   Just like ntpd's  type 22
clock.  See this
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver22.html  It is just
a signal of the correct voltage, no data.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California