[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 power connector

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 31 01:45:28 EST 2014

planophore at aei.ca said:
> Because I didn't have the correct fittings and couldn't find them, I  tried
> simply substituting with the more common screw type as you find on  your
> typical desktop computer. I have them all changed out on my units now

I changed all mine too.  And I could have found the appropriate parts.

The early (way early) Ethernet used slide locks on the cable up to the
transciever at the coax in the ceiling.  They got a bad reputation because
some vendor(s) didn't get the right number of washers in the stack.

They are also less sturdy than typical thumb screws.  That only matters if
you might trip over the cable or something similar, but I do things like that
occasionally.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.