[time-nuts] How I got my FE-5680A to lock in Sydney, Australia

beale beale at bealecorner.com
Fri Feb 7 14:40:20 EST 2014

The entry in the FE5680 FAQ on this subject may be helpful, if you haven't tried it already.
http://ko4bb.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=precision_timing:fe5680a_faq#what_if_my_5680a_output_does_not_lock_up_after_several_minutes

I have 3 of those units; one did not lock until I adjusted the trim-cap C217 to bring the free-running frequency of the oscillator into range. If you have a reasonably accurate counter you can check if this is the problem or not by seeing if the output frequency (which ramps up and down prior to lock) crosses through 10.000000 MHz or not. Mine did not.