[time-nuts] BC637PCI 1024 week rollover

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 04:31:11 EST 2014

That's the document I was refering to when I said earlier that I'd seen
written confirmation from Trimble that they weren't expecting any rollover
problems with the Ace3, I didn't mention the "through the year 2015" comment
as  we haven't actually got there yet:-)

That may indeed be an issue in the not too distant future but for now I
have no concerns over the Ace3, as per previous comments I've tested  both the
Ace3 and Ace2 and demonstrated they handle the date  correctly.

The problem, as I'm seeing it here anyway, seems to lie with the BC637
itself.

The BC637 demo software menu item "Time/Receiver Time" returns, by way  of
example, the following,....

Time of Week -- 119761.64, Week Number -- 1779, GPS/UTC -- 16.0

Note that the week number is correct, and this is one of the reasons I've
assumed the BC637 is taking raw data from the Ace3 and doing its own
processing,  the fact that the Ace3 iteslf knows the right date is perhaps another
hint:-)

All I'm still hoping for at the moment is just that another BC637  user can
confirm whether or not they're seeing the same thing or whether their  date
display from the demo software is correct.

It does appear that the BC637 is in error but this still doesn't seem to me
 to be logical, given its date of manufacture plus my doubts over what it
was doing a few years ago.
So, at this stage, I still feel I haven't fully eliminated the  possibility
that it's me doing something stupid, and that's all I'm  trying to
establish before pursuing it any further.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 10/02/2014 00:23:34 GMT Standard Time, time at patoka.org