[time-nuts] How I got my FE-5680A to lock in Sydney, Australia

Jamieson (Jim) Rowe jimrowe at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 10 17:57:05 EST 2014

Hi Bob, Charles, Dr David, Ed and Magnus,

Thanks for those further helpful comments. OK, I will try seeing whether 'in
between' orientations do make any difference, to provide further evidence
regarding a possible magnetic effect. I'll also try the effect of tapping it
with a plastic screwdriver handle. And if nothing more shows up, I'll try
opening it up and looking for 'dry' or otherwise crook solder joints, etc.

I did find the idea of rubidium movement inside the bulb an interesting one,
though. It's a possibility, isn't it?

Cheers,
Jim Rowe