[time-nuts] Arduino GPSDO with 1ns res TIC

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 01:30:50 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Lars Walenius <lars.walenius at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I have just changed all my Swedish comments in my source code and attached
> it. I also copied the text to a Word-file so everybody can see it without
> the Arduino Environment.

Thanks for posting this.  I've been thinking for a long time that with
today's parts one should be able to build a good GPSDO without need to make
a PCB for spend $50

I'm reading the C source code now and of course have questions.  Later I
think I can build this on a solder less breadboard.  But now I've just
reading..

1) what connects to analog pins A1, A2, A3, A4, and A5.  The schematic
shows only A0 used for the TIC capacitor.

Later I might make some easy changes but I need to build the hardware first
so I can test.
One chance is that my Rb oscillator is controled via serial port, not a
voltage.  So I'll want the program to use serial commands rather than a
DAC.    You say your unit is pressure sensitive, well there are cheap and
very easy pressure sensors that are easy to use

It might be fun to see what I can do with a cheap $1 10Mhz crystal rather
then using an OCXO.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California