[time-nuts] ID this filter

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 21 21:25:27 EST 2014

On 2/21/14 5:37 PM, Scott McGrath wrote:
> It may be a downconverter rather than a filter some GPS time systems notably ones by true time used an active down converter to transform signal to baseband for long cable runs.   Voltage to converter was rather high as I recall
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Feb 21, 2014, at 6:21 PM, Pete Lancashire <pete at petelancashire.com> wrote:
>>
>> https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111617808980322733757/albums/5982995737892775185
>>
>> Any have the specs ?

I read the part number as

X6L114-X400-N/N

It's obviously a "special" since K&L usually uses letters like B for
bandpass filters and L for low pass, but the X means something. Assuming
this is a low pass..

The N/N is the connectors

the 6 is the number of sections
L is the "low pass"
the 114 is the size, but 114 is not a standard tubular filter size (110
is, and is comparable to what you've got.. more than an inch in
diameter, and 200W power handling)

the 400 is the cutoff (400 MHz)

But I'd send them an email.. they'll look it up and tell you