[time-nuts] 5370 processor boards available

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 12:57:30 EST 2014

I can give you some insights here. Others will be more effective. We all
agree that the 5370 frequency counters are great devices from 1980. Right
there is the first issue. The old micros are getting old and failing. I
have lost both 6800s and eproms.
Thank heavens stuff is still available.
But this board replaces those items completely. Welcome to 2014. Now we
just have to worry about big fat capacitors.

In addition it gives you remote control other then GPIB. We all love GPIB,
but us lazy types like Ethernet better. Cables are easier to manage.

Finally the crazy thing is it gives you web services. Wow for a 1980s box.
All while leaving the front panel operation intact for simple quick
applications.

The only thing that can be annoying is there is a shut down procedure for
the unit now. It used to be power off.

All of the above for $90.
Hope that helps you.
Regards