[time-nuts] frequency comparator reading question

Paul A. Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Wed Feb 26 21:19:02 EST 2014

Hello,

I know this is really a basic question.

I have a Fluke montronics frequency comparator.

It has 2 inputs, one from my GPS and one from my DUT.

After a given oscillator is warmed up, I can read the meter in parts 10 -X

There are 2 meters, One for phase 0 to 360 degrees, and one for part to the
-nth

In the 10-9th position on the selector switch the a given oscillator will
show a 0 to 360 degrees travel lets say in 1 second.

So does that mean that the DUT is off frequency compared to the GPS input by
1 cycle in 1 billon?

What if it takes 10 seconds to make the 0-360 excursion?

100 seconds?

Paul A. Cianciolo

W1VLF

http://www.rescueelectronics.com/

Our business computer network is  powered exclusively by solar and wind
power.

Converting Photons to Electrons for over 20 years