[time-nuts] 5370 processor boards available

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Fri Feb 28 01:48:58 EST 2014

Le 28 févr. 2014 à 02:55, Brian Lloyd a écrit :

> And after all that, *STILL* no one has been able to answer the question,
> "Is there a problem that must be solved?" Oh, lots of supposition, rules of
> thumb, boatloads of experience, etc., but still no determination that
> something really needs to be solved.

 It depends on what level of security is required. I don't have one of these boxes, but it is legitimate to identify possible weak points.
Volatile file systems are one of those. The original box had no issues on that front. Embedded systems such as linux with flash memory do.
I have just had a Soekris FreeBSD NTP server go feet up due to file system corruption caused by a power failure. It is no great deal to create a new system, but I hadn't made a drop duplicate flash card so it will take some time. So one NTP server is down for a day. If a proud owner of one of these great boards doesn't care about that sort of issue, then OK, else one of the suggestions imposes.