[time-nuts] Measuring TV delays

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 2 15:17:35 EST 2014

Hi Bill both the 405 line and the 625 line PAL and SECAM systems in Europe
framed at 25 fpsec prob for the same reason .....even though by 625 line
inception the sets were transistorised often except for the line output
stage.

A chat to a BBC engineer at NPL Teddington at a Time & Freq Club meeting
even before UK switched to digital suggested that timing was uncertain as
the program distribution was being done using digital signals. I believe
this made interleaving local content easier.
Alan
G3NYK