[time-nuts] WWV/WWVH audio simulator

Brian Garrett mgy1912 at cox.net
Mon Jan 6 16:40:39 EST 2014

Jayson Smith wrote:

Anyway, I'd love to find a program for Windows that simulates the audio
from WWV as closely as possible. I know someone on this list talked
about having written such a beast, although I don't know if it'd run on
Windows, back in 2010. I also wish WWV streamed on the net. Don't get me
wrong, I know why they don't, but I still think a crisp, clear, direct
from the sound source feed would be cool. Any thoughts?
Jayson
If audio rather than accuracy s what your looking fore, what about Skype or something similar?  Not sure how good the sound quality is to the discerning ear, but you would at least save on long-distance charges to Colorado, plus you could dial time services internationally for no more than the cost of the subscription charge.  I used to dial France’s 3699 service quite oftentill Orange Telecom took it over & made it unavailable outside France & its territories. (Amazing lack of latency, by the way.  You could try recording WWV together with the overseas signal and checking the delays.  I found them to be better than time.gov, most days. Brian Garrett