[time-nuts] WWV/WWVH audio simulator?

Max Robinson max at maxsmusicplace.com
Tue Jan 7 21:31:18 EST 2014

I should have commented on this earlier.  I have lost track of who said,

"when the guy at the station talks, there are strong components below
100Hz."

This was in reference to call in talk shows.  The guy at the station is
speaking into a regular broadcast quality microphone.  The microphone signal
is taken from an aux output of the board and fed to the phone line through a
hybrid transformer.  The signal from the phone line is fed to the board and
the show host hears it in his headphones.  Most people have the mistaken
image of the host sitting there holding a telephone handset to his ear.  The
host's bandwidth is not limited by the telephone system but the caller's is.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O DS.

Email: max at maxsmusicplace.com

Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net
Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwithtubes.net
Woodworking site
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
funwithtransistors-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

funwithtubes-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood-subscribe at yahoogroups.com