[time-nuts] WAAS.....

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 8 03:50:16 EST 2014

wa1zms at att.net said:
> In this case the timing rcvrs are located all with in a 20km radius with
> fixed known surveyed locations. The problem is GPS jamming that happens at
> random times. So one "what if" idea is to use a WAAS enabled rcvr and a yet
> to be selected parabolic antenna to point at a given WAAS sat. The concept
> is to give all rcvrs a single common view for critcal timing use in a comm
> system.

Either you are trying to do something crazy or I don't understand what you
are trying to do.

The WAAS satellites don't provide timing info.  They provide corrections to
the timing a receiver gets from normal GPS satellites.  So if all you can
hear is the WAAS satellites, you won't have any timing info to correct.

How long does the jamming last and how close do your receivers have to track?
 Can you use normal GPSDO hold-over mechanisms?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.