[time-nuts] WAAS.....

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 00:26:42 EST 2014

On 1/8/14 9:06 PM, David I. Emery wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 08:09:04PM -0500, Charles Steinmetz wrote:
>> Nathaniel wrote:
>>
>>> Following from that, suppose a jammer parks nearby and doesn't leave
>>> in a timely fashion. How long does it take for the FCC to swoop in
>>> (do they swoop? in my mind they do) and find the source?
>>
>> One of my clients had exactly that problem with radar detectors in
>> parked cars interfering with its satellite earth stations.  In that
>> case, the answer was about three years.
>
> 	Did the FCC actually DO anything about these things ?
>
> 	I imagine there are some type acceptance issues that could
> be invoked here...

It depends on what's being interfered with.  Park your jammer on the
approach to a big airport on a foggy night and jam the glide slope and
localizer, and the DF van will be out there in minutes.

Run a bootleg FM station that doesn't interfere with any one, and you'll
get a NOUO in the mail eventually.

In general, jamming or interfering with public safety gets the attention
and more rapid enforcement actions.