[time-nuts] Trimble Studio, what is it?

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Jan 12 12:00:15 EST 2014

I have not tried Trimble Studio yet but I use TBoltMon and Lady Heather,
both with good success.

I have down loaded two different files, of the ones linked to, and have a
question.

The link below takes me to a file labeled 'TrimbleStudio'.  When I down load
it, archive it, right click it, select Properties then Details, it shows
'Trimble GPS Studio' and lists a version 1.8.0.0 with a copyright date of
2012 and a file size of 1.39 MB.

A previous link also takes me to a file labeled 'TrimbleStudio' but when I
go through the steps described above, it shows 'Trimble Visual Timing
Studio', version 2.1.6.0, copyright date of 2013 and a file size of 1.74 MB.

I noticed some had problems getting the application to work.

Are these two applications designed to do the same thing, just different
versions, or are they designed for different purposes?  While they have the
same name when downloaded, they do not have the same name under
'Properties'.

Thanks in advance.

Joe