[time-nuts] talking to Synergy Systems SSR-6Tr (u-blox LEA-6T-0)

John Beale beale at bealecorner.com
Thu Jan 16 10:16:19 EST 2014

I was happy to find the one-off $35 deal for the SSR-6Tr from Synergy
Systems is still on, and I got mine yesterday. It works OK using Motorola
WinOncore12 to talk with it, in Motorola Binary format, and the performance
does seem better than the Oncore M12+ I was previously using (eg. smaller
average sigma on Lat/Lon/Height values from the same fixed antenna).

The one datasheet I could find (nothing on the mfr's website!?) says this
part can talk in three different formats including UBX Binary:
P/N 16062133G SSR-6Tr ROM based, w/PIC, Mot Bin, UBX Bin, NMEA, No Battery

I think several people on the list have this device, I'm curious how you
interface with it. What commands switch to NMEA or UBX Binary? I tried to
use ublox U-Center v8.1 without success (although that program works fine
in generic NMEA mode on a different model GPS). Thanks for any advice!

-John Beale n8juf