[time-nuts] Local Solar Time Clock

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Jan 19 14:24:44 EST 2014

Hi

I’d put the table(s) in flash. You aren’t going to change it often enough to matter in terms of re-flash cycles. They would all be pre-calculated for that clock at that location, starting from today. In my approach this would be a very application specific shoot of the code. The 18F24J10 is $1.66 in the cheapest package. No combination of package and temp range is over $2 in quantity one. It’s got 16K flash and way more of everything else you probably would need. There are other parts from other vendors that are also under $2 that might make more sense.

The cost of the pc board to mount everything on will probably be the biggest chunk of your BOM.

Bob