[time-nuts] Local Solar Time Clock

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 15:20:32 EST 2014

My feverish brain now cranks out that all we need is a electromechanical
> WWVB receiver, thus no active electronic parts. That would be a nice little
> challenge.

That could work.  I remember seeing an only World War II vintage teletype
machine.  It would print test from an HF receiver. Given the technology of
the day it had no software inside

 The way it would work is you spin a disk at a nominal one rev per second
and disk has electrical contacts on it that make a bit stream.   Phase lock
that with WWVB.   So you control the motor speed.

Actually I think you'd be better off using the 60KHz carrier.  Again
limiting yourself to only 1940's technology, I think you could build a
local oscillator that would phase lock to WWVB's carrier, and from there
you control the motor speed and  and then you use the spinning disk to
decom the bits.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California