[time-nuts] Local Solar Time Clock

P Nielsen pnielsen at tpg.com.au
Sun Jan 19 16:05:58 EST 2014

I am really learning a lot by reading the current discussion. As for
accuracy, the clock was originally envisioned for "non-scientific" use.
Something within the budget and building capabilities of the home
enthusiast. A weekly deviation in seconds would seem tolerable. But I am
encouraged those here will find the optimal solution.

Once operational, it might be worthwhile to port the design to PIC and
provide a graphical interface for entering location data during programming.
There appear to be PC solar clock apps online against which one could
periodically compare the quartz clock and correct any accumulated error.

http://www.jgiesen.de/sunclock/index.html

Can't wait to build one.

P Nielsen