[time-nuts] Local Solar Time Clock

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jan 19 23:44:37 EST 2014

max at maxsmusicplace.com said:
> had mounted a camera in such a way as to not be disturbed from day to day
> and taken an exposure of the sun at 12 noon local mean time every day of the
>  year all on the same photographic plate.  At the end of the year upon
> development of the plate they had a nice infinity sign.  I don't see how
> such a feet could be pulled off with digital photography.

How about something like a digital camera with a USB setup.  Mount the camera
pointed at the noon sun.  Plug the USB stuff into a PC.  Each Noon, have the
PC tell it to take a picture.  (That probably restricts your choice of
cameras.  Or use a webcam with a LED in the corner connected to a PPS for
accurate timing...)

After a year, merge the pictures together.  SMOP.  :)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.