[time-nuts] Looking for Dual-Time "Atomic Clock"

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:22:07 EST 2014

Paul,

If you use a different 8051, particularly one that comes from another
vendor, things like the UART, ADC, timers, watchdog, the clock and port IOs
are likely to be configured and addressed differently because most vendors
have their own peripherals different from the original Intel (or Philips)
specs. Most of the differences will be in the file that configures the
ports and peripherals, with some tweaking of the drivers and Interrupt
Service Routines. The code is very modular, so once the drivers are
modified to accommodate the new peripherals, the main code should not
require any change (famous last words).

The chip I use is made by Silabs and they have their own features (used to
expand the original 8051 architecture) that may be available in other forms
under other names from other vendors, like SFR pages, crossbar and such.

The compiler is generic 8051 (Keil) so it will generate code that runs on
every 8051, aside from the peripheral issues listed above.

Didier KO4BB