[time-nuts] Help for general GPIB problem

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Thu Jan 23 06:22:39 EST 2014

Gentlemen,

I am just going to improve my EZGPIB utility so that it can make use of more
than one GPIB-interface (supported by GPIB32.Dll, not Prologix). I have been
trying to enumerate all detected interfaces by using

ibdev(bi,0,0,T300ms,0,1)

in a loop where bi starts with "0" and is incremented by "1" until the
result of the call gets negative. Much to my surprise this loop detects 4
(!) interfaces GPIB0 to GPIB3 even if absolutely NO interface is connected
to the pc.

What am I doing wrong. Is "4" the maximum number of interfaces that may be
handled by GPIB32.Dll ????

What do I need to do to find the real number of detected interfaces ?????

Best regards and TIA for your answers

Ulrich Bangert
www.ulrich-bangert.de
Ortholzer Weg 1