[time-nuts] Morion MV89A position

Paul Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Thu Jan 23 23:26:48 EST 2014

Hello all,

I have had a MV89A running now for a couple of years now.   It is inside of a Dewar along with bypassing capacitors and the adjustment pot.
The end is sealed insulation.  For a matter of convenience the oscillator is mounted upside down. I am planning on reconfiguring the box it is in and adding a divider circuit and some other items.

So 2 questions

1) Is the fact that the mv89a is inside a Dewar causing any short term or long term adverse effects?
2) Is running the oscillator in the upside down position having any adverse effects?
Since I am reconfiguring  the box, I plan on mounting the oscillator in the best possible position,  and sealing up the Dewar.

Any comments please?

PaulC
W1VLF