[time-nuts] Nortel GPSDO osc age alarm

Volker Esper ailer2 at t-online.de
Fri Jan 24 11:49:42 EST 2014

Thanks so much, Nigel, for this very interesting mail.

Yes, the voltages are exactly as my ones. And yes, I've removed the
oscillator, already. I then removed the thermal isolation from the osc,
as well as the label, in slight hope for a hidden tuning screw. Of
course, there isn't any.

I, too, had this idea to level shift the EFC voltage. So I took seat at
my computer to find out, which maximum EFC voltage would be ok. And saw
your mail. Do you have any further information about the osc? The number
on the sign (Trimble *0110-2450-T*  *34310-T*) isn't really informative.
By the way: When removing the big Trimble label I found a smaller one
beneath, reading "DOC2127 0101/1940"; I think it's a Tekelc osc?

Is there a pull-up resistor behind the EFC input pin so that I could use
two diodes for level shifting? Or how did you?

This part is more thrilling than I expected...

Regards

Volker