[time-nuts] Nortel GPSDO osc age alarm

Volker Esper ailer2 at t-online.de
Fri Jan 24 14:52:56 EST 2014

Ignacio,

thanks for your message. Answeres within the text:

> And one word of caution: if you observe the cable that goes from the
> main board to the small interface board, you will see that one of the
> connectors is reversed so be careful if you make a custom one for your
> cabinet, do it in the same fashion.
Yes, I've seen that by chance, when disconnecting the board to
reassemble the oscillator.
> Using a normal cable produces bizarre results that can actually drive
> you nuts, don't ask how I know.
It's a wonder you didn't kill the beast...
> ...the 9.8304 frequency has mislead some users to think that it was
> the 10 MHz output, not your case.
Me, too, at the beginning
> The seller (Bob Mokia , fluke.l) is well known to the Time Nuts
Yeah, of course, I know. The thing is, usually people are cautious
naming sellers. Time Nuts' point of view isn't quite that narrow. Ok,
yes, I admit, it's Bob ;-)
> 1pps on the back d sub connector "
I read that, too, but like you I only found the even PPS.
> I have to put a scope on the DSR pin because it is the only connected
> to the main board other than TxD and RxD.  Could you verify this on
> your unit when you change the OCXO and get it running?
That's no problem, the GPS stuff works well on my item. I'll post a message.

Regards

Volker