[time-nuts] GR 1115-C from the E

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Thu Jan 30 12:41:17 EST 2014

The NiCad's in the 1115 are the vented type. Nice that GR put them in a
'bag'. One cool thing about these cell is you can take them out, wash them
and if needed refill them. The  Potassium hydroxide electrolyte as long is
easily cleaned off. And looks like it was contained in the 'bag'.

I just got an email back from the seller, s/he didn't hear anything, but
then if one was not and old equipment nut, one may not have been listening.

I'm going to have the seller file a claim and see what happens. Since the
rest of the unit is in such nice shape, I'm going to keep it and hope to
find
another oven.

BTW I'll bet the size of the Thermos bottle GR used was not a custom size.
It more then likely was a off the shelf dewar, Once I'm done with UPS I'll
make some measurments.

The oven does not want to come out. My guess is GR made a mold where they
applied the ridged foam around the bottle and either press fit the oven
into the bottom of the bottle. Over time it has become 'attached' to the
foam.

The thickness of the foam on the inside of the bottle looks to be about
1/8th inch.

-pete