[time-nuts] EFC divider resistors

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Jan 31 19:17:58 EST 2014

Hi

A 7805 has a *rated* temperature coefficient of 2 mv / C. Most parts do way better than this. The problem is knowing if you have a good part or not. On a 5V part, your reference could be running 400 ppm/C. Since the divider has no impact on this number, it over-rides what ever you do with the divider resistors. A good voltage reference will set you back about $50 or so.

You commonly see a couple of mv of variation in the ground pin voltage with oven current depending on exactly where the pin is terminated. Any change in the ground setup can be an issue on an OCXO with the EFC in common with the oven (which is most parts).

Bob