[time-nuts] Interesting frequency standard project

Al Wolfe alw.k9si at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 12:56:03 EDT 2014

    As stated AM stations in US must maintain 20 Hz accuracy. Most are well
within that tolerance. I have measured many AM station's frequency as a
function of my employment before retirement.

    Now comes HD radio. While the merits of HD AM radio are very much open
to debate, one benefit is that the equipment for HD is GPS locked. If you
can find an HD AM station you can probably bet they are very close to being
on frequency. The ones I have measured have been right on and push the
limits of my test equipment.

Al, retired, mostly
AKA k9si