[time-nuts] Trimble OCXOs - 6525, ... and ...

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Sun Jul 6 23:45:15 EDT 2014

some older models have higher phase noise, the very new ones are very
good, sometimes they aged out the control voltage range, needing higher
control voltage to pull to 10,0000000 MHz, some of them can not be
pulled to the correct frequency any more without mechanical
readjustment. They have inside a trim cap to set the tuning range, which
is not accessible without opening the case.The case is hermetically closed.
Some companies for very high performance units  filling the hermetically
closed case with nitrogen, also reducing the pressure of the filing  gas
bellow the atmospheric level.
73
KJ6UHN
Alex