[time-nuts] sine to square wave converter

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Fri Jul 11 09:09:20 EDT 2014

Bruce wrote:

>The Achilles heel of that biasing technique is that the emitter
>currents of the
>pair of pnp's is affected by the noise on the 20V supply.

Yes, you do need a quiet supply -- I suppose I should have mentioned
that.  But sufficiently quiet supplies are not hard to design,
they're just more complex than the "has to be done with just one
ten-cent part" crowd wants (don't expect to use integrated regulators
of any description).

Bruce -- do you know the topology of the Holzworth converter?

Best regards,

Charles