[time-nuts] Optical Distribution of 1PPS and IRIG

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 13:07:07 EDT 2014

What accuracy requirements do you have.  This could be easy or impossible.

Don't spend to much money distributing 1PPS because you can have it
any place you want for the cost of a GPS receiver.  A second GPS
receiver is likely cheaper than the cost of 120 meters of cable plus
the cable drivers and receivers.  Even if you build the cable system
you'd need to test it which adds more time and cost.  GPS is so cheap
you can place them where needed.

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Martin A Flynn <maflynn at theflynn.org> wrote:
> I am working on a project where I need to transfer 1PPS approximately 120
> meters between buildings.    I cam borrow a pair of 62.5 fibers from
> IT/telco to do so.
>
> Playing cost / performance against one another, I am looking for a solution
> somewhere in the middle that does not requires SM-28 single mode fiber)
>
> Martin

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California