[time-nuts] quartz oscillator injection locking

Oz-in-DFW lists at ozindfw.net
Sun Jul 20 08:11:59 EDT 2014

On 7/19/2014 3:45 PM, paul swed wrote:
> Attilla I did look at some of the documents. But none showed practical HF
> class injection locking. Say as an example a 6 MHz xtal to a 1 or 2 MHz
> reference.
> It maybe as easy as a single transistor in the oscillators ground lead.
Paul, everything I seen done in this frequency range has been a small
coupling cap in the base/gate of the crystal oscillator - small enough
that the reactance was large relative to the base/gate impedance.  The
resulting injected signal amplitude was ~5-10% of the normal operating
amplitude at the base. Lock detection was done with a mixer looking for
DC output.

mailto:oz at ozindfw.net
Oz
POB 93167