[time-nuts] OT Gel Cell question

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sun Jul 27 15:41:43 EDT 2014

Robert wrote:

>Anyone know why Gel Cell batteries go HI-Z if discharged below a
>certain level?
>Also is there a way to rejuvenate a "dead" one?

As others have explained, the problem is sulfation.  I have had good
results de-sulfating lead-acid batteries of all types (flooded, gel,
AGM) with "BatteryMINDer" brand chargers/desulfators.  With badly
sulfated batteries, rejuvination can take a long time.  Often, they
return to a good approximation of "like new" performance.  Sometimes
they improve but don't return to "like new."

<http://www.batteryminders.com/batteryminder-model-1500-12volt-1-5-amp-maintenance-charger-desulfator/>

Best regards,

Charles