[time-nuts] VNA design

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 12:01:37 EDT 2014

Today you can do most of the processing in software.  All you need is A/D
and D/A converters that can handle the required bandwidth and get the raw
numbers into the computer.   Look up "SDR" type radios and search on the
combination of SDR and VNA and you'll find a few.     Then with the same
hardware you have a VNA, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, low power
transceiver and so on.   This idea is somewhat easy through HF.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California