[time-nuts] WWVB paper in May 2014 IEEE communications...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 09:50:36 EDT 2014

I guess several comments here.
I checked the xtendwave web site and its alive.
But noticed no press releases or anything since last year.
So sent an email just to see if it bounces back.
Yes indeed since the great new formats sort of useless. Wonder if NIST
could simply turn it off the PSK and go back to the old format? Gosh that
would be the end of the d-psk-r project. But all of the old phase tracking
receivers would work again.
On the chips there was a time-nut who had I think 25 of one of the chips
very reasonable in cost, and the other chip was still available at least as
samples from the manufacturer. I posted that some time ago on time-nuts.
Or easier to build was the receiver and that I shared and a search of
google reveals others.
So getting a 60 Khz rcvr in some aspects very do-able if you have a
soldering iron.

Regards
Paul
WB8TSL