[time-nuts] Virgin time nutter fell at the first M12+ hurdle

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:21:43 EDT 2014

I have had great difficulty getting various MAX3232's to work reliably on 3 .. 3.6V.    The datasheet shows the capacitor values you need to use for various voltage ranges...  but no joy.  The DC-DC converter does not produce the proper output voltages.  Check the V- and V+ nodes for around +/- 6V
Oddly,  MAX232A's seem to work just fine on 3.3V...  I usually use 0.47 uF caps on them.  I don't use the non -A versions for the MAX232.