[time-nuts] Loran, GPS, Lightning, Timing

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 17:42:01 EDT 2014

I am currently using a 12AX7 as a ELF preamp and have for years.
A note in the coldest part of winter preheat the tube low filament voltage.
They tend to fracture.
It sits 200 ft from the house as far away in the woods as possible.
That said and back to the thread. At these frequencies tubes do work. The
12AX7 can be found on vlf.it and numbers of tubes will work. They run 12 V
on the plate. They also stand up to nearby lightning very well.
So Diddier now you have no excuse. I can't wait to implement your design on
one of my stm boards. Not sure how to get this back on time-nuts topics
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL