[time-nuts] GPSDO standard interface?

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Thu Jun 26 08:53:00 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:14 PM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:
> I'll look into both SCPI and TSIP, and therein lies the reason for my original post.  Essentially, have they been patented, and if so, have those patents expired?

You almost certainly want to use SCPI which is managed by IVI and is
part of the joint IEEE/IEC post 488 spec.  Said can probably provide
the vendor perspective (ie. price).
NMEA is proprietary and all the useful commands are vendor specific.
TSIP is only interesting because LH can manage a few versions but
besides being proprietary it's device specific.