[time-nuts] GPSDO standard interface?

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Thu Jun 26 17:33:49 EDT 2014

Gosh, all we need to do is define a nice flexible software layer between the
GPSDO and the computer, etc. similar to ASCOM for astronomical telescopes.
That way, the layer and all its associated drivers do all the work, and
anyone's GPSDO or computer program will work if the associated drivers are
available or developed. Wow what a deal...
Don

Mark Sims
> There are TSIP commands for doing all those things.  It should be fairly easy
> to adapt them to control your hardware and whatever GPS receiver you are
> using.
> The nice thing about implementing a TSIP interface is being able to use
> existing programs like Tboltmon and Lady Heather (over 30,000 lines of code)
> to monitor and control it.  Also NTP knows how to talk TSIP.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it."
 -George Bernard Shaw

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLC