[time-nuts] GPS puck?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jun 27 03:01:02 EDT 2014

tvb at LeapSecond.com said:
> Yes, I remember that I cut off the PS-2 connector before the UPS truck even
> left the neighborhood. You are then left with nice 0/+5/Tx/Rx wires, which
> is all you need for navigation and status. For 1PPS timing, in either the
> serial or USB version, unscrew the case and grab pin 20 of the IC.

I think the serial version (BU-355) already includes a wire for the PPS.  I
don't have a handy pointer to the appropriate documentation.  It's the
yellow/NC wire in the picture Rex provided.
  http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-689-br-355-s4.aspx#images/product/large/689.jpg

I'm a bit suspicious of the S4 version but don't have any details.  gpsd has
troubles with it.  It feels like a firmware bug to me.  The SIRF chips are
very popular.  I expect things will get sorted out eventually.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.