[time-nuts] Magnetic Resonance Spectromater; was Re: Loran, GPS, Lightning, Timing

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Sat Jun 28 18:18:23 EDT 2014

Yes, that is precisely the device I built; I was in high school at the
time but had  been a licensed ham for 5 years and built much of my own
equipment. My father had access to a machine shop and helped with the
soft iron pole pieces and a few other items but I built all the
electronics. And, it worked!

Alas, that was a long time ago and I don't now know what happened to the
spectrometer.

I did not know this article reprint is in a published book. I do have
all the Amateur Scientist articles on CD.

Coincidentally, another local ham and also a Time Nut recently told me
he built one also! Who else here did?

Larry W6FUB

On 6/28/2014 11:52 AM, Bob Stewart wrote:
> There's an interesting (and on topic) project in that book starting on page 335, discussing a home-made Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer.  I wonder if any time-nuts have constructed such a device, and what potential accuracy it would have?
>
> Bob - AE6RV

Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, California  (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)