[time-nuts] Loran, GPS, Lightning, Timing

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Sun Jun 29 00:59:37 EDT 2014

Batteries or PV system. Depending on what you want to run on the remote end,
you might be able to find a used solar powered shed light and use the parts.

Something like this for $20:

http://www.harborfreight.com/solar-shed-light-95573.html

If you find a unit whose batteries are failing, you can use the parts -
check thrift stores and garage sales.

Down side - you will have to replace it with every lightning strike.
Up side - the parts are dirt cheap and readily available.

You could also use a car battery and charge it every week or so - keep two
in rotation for uninterrupted operation.

Dave