[time-nuts] Dephasing WWVB

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:14:37 EDT 2014

Yes indeed I have 2 X 599s also and the IF is complicated and if you don't
have the magical 60 KHz mod (I don't) you have to hack a solution. That I
did. Essentially double the vco and div by 2. While feeding the vco to the
mixer. Hey it worked most of the time and on a solid test signal always
worked and I mean for weeks.
The 60 KHz xtals existed and still may. Fun to tinker with and cheap.
In fact because if the IF scheme of the 599 thats why I went to an external
solution.
You can hack each rcvr internally to succeed. But thats hacking. An
external approach allows all of them to work. The 117s 207 spectracoms...

Hence the d-psk-r/costas loop soluyion released a year ago. But its semi
digital and analog and I have to say I never really figured out what the
magical VCO filter needed to be. Though I experimented. It works. But its a
guess.
Regards
Paul