[time-nuts] Power Supply for AD9852 / AD9854

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:03:21 EDT 2014

I think most people use just one regular and then use bypass caps that are
physically close to the power pins.  Being really close is likely the most
important point.

What matters as much or even more is the design of the ground system. The
Vcc pins are actually easier to take care of, I think, because you can just
bypass them. but you obviously can't use a bypass can in a ground pin.  On
the ground side you have to think about inductance of the traces.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM, d0ct0r <time at patoka.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> By design, DDS "stones" like AD9852 from Analog Devices, required
> separated power lines for AVDD, DVDD and VCC.
> What will is simple solution for that ?  I am planing to use following
> approach: +5V from linear PS, then three LC filters, then three 3.3V
> voltage regulators (Ex.: MC33269T) connected to each filter. Is it good
> enough ?
>

> May be its better solution for this ? Or may be that could be simplified
> to join AVDD and VCC (AVDD will be connected to VCC via 100 Ohm). Thanks in
> advance !
>
> --
> WBW,
>
> V.P.