[time-nuts] M12+T Timing specs

Jim Miller jim at jtmiller.com
Mon Mar 24 14:39:10 EDT 2014

I'm reading the Rev6.x Users guide from the Synergy website.

The timing accuracy quoted on Page 21 indicates <20ns 6sigma average
without the "clock granularity message" which I interpret to mean the user
is not correcting for "sawtooth" errors.

The timing granularity message from Page 167 is shown as one byte with a
range of -128 to +127ns.

So from that I presume the correct DS1123 to order would be one which
capable of 1ns resolution. Is there any reason to select one with a finer
resolution to implement sawtooth correction?

I was thinking perhaps if the range of needed correction is actually much
smaller than 128ns, ie more like 1/4th of that then the DS1123 with 0.25ns
granularity and much smaller range might have better integral linearity
performance.

73

jim ab3cv